One of the easiest and least expensive ways to transform the look of a room is to change the curtains and window coverings. even If your room doesnt have windows„you can make the room seem more cheery and less depressing to you by hanging curtains up where you think the window should be„ to create an illusion of window. you can keep the curtains “closed” or you can photograph a window with a great view and enlarge it in a frame and post it on the wall if you want a fake window that seems to have a real view ( read decorating a room with no windows )
You can easily get ready made curtains at just about any store that sells home furnishings, including department stores and home improvement stores.If you don’t want to spend a lot of money on curtains, you can make one at home :
- Determine where you want the fake window to be located. If you are creating a large fake window, center it in the middle of a wall. If you want to create a smaller fake window, position it on one side of your bed or place one small fake windowon each side of your bed
- Lightweight fabrics, such as polished cottons, ginghams, and chintzes, are easiest to use.
- Measure add a couple extra inches
- Cut the fabric accordingly. If fabric has a design, be sure to match the design or the design of your room,
- make a small mark (with a pencil) where the top of your curtain needs to be
my curtain was made from left-over fabric I had. the starry fabric was actually a xmas’ gifts wrapping mesh. and the bouquet i received at graduation ceremony was tied with a bow, and of course I couldn’t bring myself to toss it in the trash!Save the ribbons and reuse them
what i did was ,using tacks to adhere a starry fabric on the wall above my bed and top it off with layers of fabric to make a curtain on the outside ..,it’s just like sleeping under the stars.
if you are not allowed to make holes in the walls„,you need to be a little creative. Here are a few ideas to hang thing without making a hole.
- “3M Command Hooks" they stick to wall with special adhesive strip that is removable. There are 3 sizes, rated at 1, 3 or 5 lbs. No holes in wall is key feature.
Measure the top of your curtain. Cut your Velcro the same length. Put the sticky side on top of the area where your fake window to be located.. Rub to make sure it’s stuck tightly . Sew the other side to the curtain across the top. Stick the curtain Velcro strip to the matching strip on the wall and rub all the way across the curtain top to secure it.